Friday, January 12, 2018
1. It provides a good workout.
2. You'll be able to learn about teamwork.
3. Because layups are fun.
4. It can help you learn how to strategize.
5. You can spend time with friends.
6. Shooting hoops can strengthen your arm muscles.
7. It is easy to learn the basics.
8. There are plenty of variations to the game, and so you'll probably enjoy at least one.
9. You don't have to be a certain age in order to have fun.
10. If all you have is one friend, a hoop, and a ball, then you can still play.
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
One day, the lizard lost his tail.
He didn't know when he'd lost it, or even where. Still, he decided to go look for it.
After all, a good tail was worth keeping.
And so the lizard set off toward the pond.
Along the way, he met the snake.
"Have you seen my tail?" the lizard asked.
"No," hissed the snake. "I've been looking for my shed skin."
"If I see your skin, I'll let you know," said the lizard, before hurrying on his way.
At the pond, the lizard saw a young duck.
"Have you seen my tail?" the lizard asked again.
"No, I've been looking for my egg tooth," quacked the duck.
"If I see your egg tooth, I'll let you know," said the lizard.
Circling the pond, the lizard stopped at the warm rocks. There, he saw another lizard.
"Have you seen my tail?" he asked.
The other lizard shook her head. "No. Have you seen mine?"
"No, I haven't," said the lizard. "But I think they might be hiding with the snake's skin and the duck's egg tooth."
"Oh," said the other lizard. "Well, at least they aren't alone."
Friday, January 5, 2018
1. Start working on your goals for the year.
2. Figure out what you're going to give for Christmas and birthday presents.
3. Get your hair cut.
4. Start a journal, if you don't already have one.
5. Make a new friend.
6. Begin building better habits.
7. Finally read that book you've been meaning to get to.
8. Clean your room.
9. Exercise more.
10. Find happiness in each day.
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
In the world of Mythis, there are three known ways for one to become a magician.
The first is to be a magician born. To be filled with magic from the time of birth, and have it grow with you through the passing of time.
A magician born is must be patient, for their magic does not grow stronger through constant practice, but only with time. Therefore, a magician born is most powerful in their later years, and at their must vulnerable in their youth.
The second is to be a magician borrowed. These magicians are given their magic by one of the magician born, through a sharing of magic that binds the two together. Unlike a magician born, a magician borrowed does not increase in power as the age. Instead, they maintain the same amount of magic that was given to them by the magician born.
But when the magician who gave them their magic dies, a magician borrowed loses their magic.
The third is the magician found. Unlike the magicians who are born or borrowed, a magician found receives their magic from ancient artifacts that have been imbued with magic.
So long as they possess the imbued object, these magicians have access to whatever magical abilities the object provides.
Though they are limited in ability, a magician found is the only kind which can reliably pass on their magic to others without the magic fading upon their death.
These three are the only known ways for humans to perform magic in Mythis; though there are rumors of one other way.
Of magicians stolen, who somehow drain other magicians of their magic in order to increase their own abilities.
Is there such a thing as a magician stolen?
Hopefully the world of Mythis will never find fact in such a tale.
Friday, December 29, 2017
1. So that you don't leave an embarrassing typo in your writing.
2. Because you might have forgotten something.
3. Because you might have a new idea form while you're reviewing the previous one.
4. So that it will be the best you can make it.
5. So you can feel confident that it is ready for someone else to see.
6. Because it can be a lot of fun.
7. It could help prepare you for sharing your work with others.
8. Because it could save you from a later headache.
9. You might think of something you should have added to it.
10. Because not everything can be perfect on the first try.
Wednesday, December 27, 2017
I'm sure you've heard this story a thousand times.
Boy meets girl.
Girl turns out to be an enchantress whose many-greats-aunt was scorned by your many-greats-grandfather.
And so girl turns you into a door hinge.
What? That's not the story you remember?
Well, it's what happened to me.
Now, life as a door hinge isn't too bad. I got to see some sights on the way to the market, and when some little old lady picked me out of the pile of junk on the table, I wasn't actually feeling too bad.
Of course, as a door hinge, I can't actually feel anything at all.
When I finally got to the old lady's house, she surprised me with her talent at installation.
How many little out lady's do you know who can swap out a door hinge in just ten minutes?
But after that, my life got pretty dull.
There isn't much to see inside a door frame, and the old lady wasn't the type to keep her door open.
Then came the day I started to squeak.
The strange thing was, my squeaking actually sounded like words!
Somehow, I could talk whenever I squeaked.
But the old lady wasn't the tyoe to let a door hinge squeak for very long.
Before my squeak could get load enough for her to understand the words I cried, she greased the hinges.
And the squeaks stopped.
Friday, December 22, 2017
1. Their favorite snack, such as pretzels, oranges, or chocolate.
2. A pair of headphones.
3. A letter telling how much they mean to you.
5. Some bandages, in case they get a papercut while unwrapping presents later.
6. A bottle of water, so they won't have to get up for a drink later.
7. A notebook and pen, so they can write down who gave them what (so thank you cards will be easier to write later on).
8. A lump of coal (because they didn't quite make it all the way onto the nice list.)
9. Soap, preferably in their favorite scent.
10. A comb, because in their excitement, they forgot to brush their hair.