Friday, June 21, 2019
1. It gives the cat somewhere to scratch other than the arm of the couch.
2. It'll help the cat burn some of his energy.
3. It gives the cat a safe place to sleep, away from children.
4. It provides a place for the cat to put all her toys.
5. It has places for all the kitties, though they'll always fight one one spot.
6. It lets the cat look down on all his subjects from on high.
7. It proves that the cat is more important than the dog, as all he got was a fluffy bed (which the cat has also claimed).
8. It is the perfect place for the cat's human to distribute treats.
9. It is a great place to go when the cat is upset with his human, seeing as the human cannot climb to the very top.
10. It allows the cat to practice their fighting skills on something sturdy.
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
A cat stalked the night, prowling his domain. So much had changed in such a short time, but he knew this land was his.
His to protect. For only he had the strength to defeat the enemy. For the enemy was clever, and had the advantage of the higher ground.
But his fangs were stronger than the enemy's bones, his claws perfect for tearing the enemy's feathers.
So while others had fled from the mob of wings decending upon the land, he had stood tall.
He had fought, had bled beneath talons.
He had won.
And although the land of been ravage by their war, it was still beautiful. It was still his.
And so the cat would prowl, ever-watchful, for the enemy to return.
The birds would return, and he would be ready for them.
Friday, June 14, 2019
1. Hug a cat.
2. Pet a dog.
3. Eat something yummy.
4. Go for a walk, away from whatever is stressing you.
5. Sing to your favorite songs.
6. Take a shower.
7. Read a book.
8. Work on a craft, one that doesn't need to be perfect.
9. Cry it out, then find a reason to laugh.
10. Take a nap.
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
One little mushroom, playing in the dirt.
Two cherry tomatoes, rolling down the hill.
Three cucumbers, making sandwiches.
Four orange carrots, missing their tops.
All of them meet the lettuce by the garden patch.
And one hungry farmer eats them all with ranch.
Friday, June 7, 2019
1. It is satisfying.
2. You'll get faster at it.
3. Others will be impressed.
4. You might develop another talent through it.
5. You'll have something to ward off boredom.
6. You might be able to make presents using it.
7. It could bring others happiness.
8. You'll be able to look back and see how far you've come.
9. You might be able to teach others.
10. It could help you through difficulties.
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
When chopping up potatoes, watch where the knife drops.
For your fingers are tender, and should not wait where the knife stops.
When baking cookies, beware of the hot pan.
For ovens make metal toasty, and burns aren't part of your plan.
When frying foods, look out for the backlash.
For hot oil hurts when your hand it has splashed.
While in the kitchen, you can have lots of fun.
Just remember to cook safely, and your dish will be number one.
Friday, May 31, 2019
1. Your neighbor's flowers make the street more beautiful.
2. The cashier at the store bagged your purchases well.
3. That car with out-of-state plates was nice to let you cross the street.
4. The baby on the bus didn't cry at all.
5. Your mom packed a lunch for you that tasted great.
6. Work went pretty smoothly today.
7. You got a letter from an old friend.
8. All the chores are done, and you have time to relax.
9. You got to spend time with your family.
10. The cat came when you called.