Friday, November 17, 2017
1. Build a snowman.
2. Throw snowballs for the dog to chase.
3. Drink hot cocoa.
4. Snuggle into a blanket by the fire.
5. Read a book.
6. Watch White Christmas.
7. Catch up on chores around the house.
8. Take a nap.
9. Eat grilled cheese sandwiches and soup.
10. Watch the snow fall.
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Welcome to the wilderness, where the winters are bitter and cold. Where bears and deer roam, and where some animals never grow old.
Welcome to the wilderness, where people rarely roam. Where those who wander risk becoming lost, and never seeing home.
Welcome to the wilderness, where all may have a say. Of where to go, what to do, and where the kids may play.
Welcome to the wilderness, welcome one and all! Stay awhile, and you might see why people come to call.
Friday, November 10, 2017
1. Because another dog barked.
2. They see a stranger, and that means danger!
3. How else will you know that their ready for a treat?
4. The cat was in trouble, and the dog wanted to make sure you knew.
5. The dog saw that the person they love best has come to visit, and is so excited to see them.
6. You forgot the dog inside, and now the dog wants to remind you that they too want to got outside.
7. Your food smells so good, that it would drive the dog insane not to say something about it.
8. You have a toy, and the dog wants it.
9. There is a turtle! Why is the turtle (known as the moving rock to the dog) moving? Somebody stop it!
10. Because that plastic bag looks like a shady character, and to not bark and scare it off would be a crime the dog cannot afford to commit.
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
The road was straight, a seemingly unending line into the distance. Nothing disrupted its progess, and nothing marred the sides.
Flat, smooth land as far as the eye could see, and then beyond that.
It was so boring!
What fun was it to fly above such a bland landscape? Where were the trees to torch, the hills to rise up from, the tiny towns filled with tiny frightened people?
No, this bleak road was no place for a dragon.
Yet no matter how far the dragon flew, nothing ever changed. The dragon couldn't even remember when he'd last seen a tree.
Still, his wings were strong, and his will even stronger.
He would find the end of this road.
Even if it took centuries.
Friday, November 3, 2017
1. So you know what foods are needed for the chicken surprise recipe you wanted to try.
2. That way you don't have to open every box just to find which one your socks were packed in.
3. Because having a list of what trouble your characters have already gotten into will help you with deciding what new trouble they will find themselves in now.
4. So that you don't forget to send a Christmas card to great-aunt Ethel.
5. Because a list of how and when to do something is very handy.
6. A list can tell you who is going to an activity, so you know how many snacks to take.
7. A record of your cat's funny moments can make you laugh.
8. Because if you don't, how will you remember who has been naughty or nice?
9. If you make a list of what you've already done, then it will provide some time to ignore all that you have left to do.
10. Because lists can help simplify tasks.
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Better late than never, that's what they always say.
But isn't late still not enough, when the day needed to be saved?
How late is acceptable, when lives are on the line?
There is a reason they call such things deadlines.
When all hope has been lost, what apologies can be said?
"Oh, I so sorry, I overslept," such excuses can fill one with dread.
Better late than never, such timing is never enough.
Being there is far better, though being on time can be rough.
Friday, October 27, 2017
1. So you'll have something to hammer your frustrations out on.
2. To hold up the walls.
3. For holding the roof shingles in place.
4. To build a birdhouse.
5. To pin the carpet to the tack strip.
6. So you have something to pop balloons with.
7. You need something to pin the tail on the donkey with.
8. To secure the lid to a box.
9. So you can hang a picture.
10. So when someone says something really funny, you'll be able to give them one and say that they, "nailed it".