Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A daughter's letter

 Mother,
I know this is letter will only give you more questions then answers, but I must hope that you will understand and forgive me for leaving.
The border collie you gave me for my birthday is actually a thief named Jake. Jake is a being called a Psych. Apparently, those whispers I've been hearing since I was a child might have been his people all along. Jake told me about his world, and about some of the people he had to leave behind when forced into the form of a dog and dumped here. I know this seems silly, but I want to help him change back to his normal self. But that isn't the only reason I'm leaving. The other is that something called a Taint has apparently connected to me. Jake explained that a Taint will search for whoever they connect to for as long as it takes them, and then stay with that person and protect him or her until one of them dies.
A bit stalker-ish sounding, but I guess they are a bit like a familiar. Anyway, I don't want to leave Jake on his own, and I definitely don't want some golden eyed dude knocking on our door and telling me he's here to protect me.
So I'm leaving.
I promise that once this is all sorted out, I'll try and come back.
You never know, Jake and I might not even find these magic lynx that can tell us how to get to his world.
I love you, and hope you understand why I am doing this.

♥ Kathryn Scarlet

No comments:

Post a Comment