Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Lizard's Lost Tail


One day, the lizard lost his tail.
He didn't know when he'd lost it, or even where. Still, he decided to go look for it.
After all, a good tail was worth keeping.
And so the lizard set off toward the pond.
Along the way, he met the snake.
"Have you seen my tail?" the lizard asked.
"No," hissed the snake. "I've been looking for my shed skin."
"If I see your skin, I'll let you know," said the lizard, before hurrying on his way.
At the pond, the lizard saw a young duck.
"Have you seen my tail?" the lizard asked again.
"No, I've been looking for my egg tooth," quacked the duck.
"If I see your egg tooth, I'll let you know," said the lizard.
Circling the pond, the lizard stopped at the warm rocks. There, he saw another lizard.
"Have you seen my tail?" he asked.
The other lizard shook her head. "No. Have you seen mine?"
"No, I haven't," said the lizard. "But I think they might be hiding with the snake's skin and the duck's egg tooth."
"Oh," said the other lizard. "Well, at least they aren't alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment