Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Terrarth- Dragons (version 1.0)


The sound of wings was an ever constant reminder that the war was far from won.
Nyroc and Nayra, two of the High Dragons charged with bringing this area to submission, were flying overhead. Their scales glinted in the light of the many fires burning in the village. Just the sight of their gold and black scales filled me with rage.
Dragons, monsters of both land, air, and water. The elementals should have wiped them off the face of Terrarth eons ago. But no, the elementals made peace with the dragons, and then allowed the Taints to form a bond with those worms that so far had lasted generations.
Once, the Taints had been the greatest dragon slayers ever to breath the air of Terrarth. But now they lowered themselves to lives of servitude to whoever they happened to dream about.
They were no better then the worms.
A soldier ran into the observation room where I watched the countless battles, his face red as he gasped for breath.
Report.” I growled after he had bowed.
The Falcon Unit have fallen to a black dragon.” He kept his eyes on the floor, unwilling to risk offending a commander such as I.
“They entire unit fell to a single dragon?” I asked, not willing to believe such a preposterous tale. The soldier gave a sharp nod. “Yes. This black dragon isn't like the rest of them, sire. He's much larger, and even the other dragons avoid him.” I tossed this information around for a moment, before voicing a question. “Where is this dragon headed, and do we know his name?” I watched the soldier fumble for a moment, before losing patience. “Spit it out, man!” I ordered, allowing a small bit of my temper to give my words an edge. Sure enough, the soldier flinched, then quickly spoke. “The... they call him Plague, and he's coming here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment