Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Djinn and The Vartija: Muritage and Arielle

  Muritage

You're playing a dangerous game.” Arielle warned as I surveyed the backyard; studying the remains of a battle that had occurred while I was unconscious. The lawn was covered in ash, along with the charred remains of various creatures, and a stench of roasted flesh lingered in the air. From what I could identify, the aura had lured in many dangerous creatures. But blinded by the aura, they had not been prepared to face an ifrit warrior such as Arielle.
I know the risks.” Gesturing at the repulsive massacre, I frowned. “Can't you clean up after yourself?”
She picked up what appeared to be the skull of a young manticore. Trailing a finger along the first row of teeth with a smile, the ifrit shook her head. “Where is the fun in that? Besides, this will make a lovely gift for the vartija.” Releasing a soft giggle, she tugged a tooth free and tossed the skull aside.
With a frown, I conjured a vacuum jar. Using the magic artifact, I began removing the carnage while Arielle lingered by the tree. After the yard was clean, I turned to her.
We're not suppose to conjure things with magical properties.” She said with a tut.
What will they do, banish me again?” I asked snidely as the jar and its continents vanished. “I study the necessary magic, so no construct of mine is unstable.” Leaning against the fence, I looked at the neighboring houses. “I assume you raised an illusion of silence?”
Of course. Otherwise it wouldn't have been any fun.” Arielle lifted her hand, flames sprouting from her fingertips. “But enough stalling. What are you planning?”
This vartija's ignorance offers us many possibilities. With a vital portion of her magic claimed by myself, she offers little threat to our kind at this moment.” Meeting her cyan eyes, I smirked. “If molded properly, she could become a powerful tool against the other Higher Races.”
Clapping her hands, Arielle laughed.
A pet vartija could be quite useful! But how will you break her will?”
Through patience.”

No comments:

Post a Comment