Saturday, June 15, 2013

Reader Appreciation Award

I received the Reader Appreciation Award from Ali. Thank you!
I'm quite excited, so let's continue on.

The rules are:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Attach the icon to your site.
3. Answer the attached questions.
4. Nominate six bloggers who you feel deserve this award and notify them about their nominations.



Here are the questions:

1. What do you like to eat for snack?
I like old fashioned beef jerky, granola, and chocolate covered peanuts.

2. What is your idea of a perfect day?
The day begins with my cat getting her claws tangled in my hair. After a lovely breakfast (likely of some food not typically considered breakfast fare in the US), I would read for a while. Following that, I would pull out my shuttle and tat. Lunch would consist of something containing cheese. I would then spend a little time with my family. Afterword, I would play either The Legend of Zelda or Pokemon. Dinner would have delicious meat. I would then go sit at the computer and write. Words would flow from my typing fingers, filling page after page with a story worth reading. Then in the wee hours of the morning, I would head to bed.

3. What does your favourite shirt look like?
It is green, with short sleeves. There is a red arrow which points to the right () . Written on the shirt above the arrow are three words:
I'm with illogical.

4. What's your favourite ice cream flavour? Why?
Mint chocolate chip! I enjoy the crispness of the mint coupled with the chocolate's sweetness. I prefer the thinner pieces of chocolate over the chucks, though either will work for a milkshake.

5. How many languages do you speak?
One at the moment: English. Though I did attempt to learn Klingon. Alas, I could not quite wrap my mind around it.

6. Why did you start a blog?
Terrarth Tales is an exercise of imagination. I wanted to share some of my writing with others, and get better at making deadlines.
Tatting Between Words is a place for me to share the tatting I make. It is an amazing craft, one that I am happy to know.

7. What is your best friend like?
Small. Gray. Fuzzy. Loves to sit on my shoulder. Other then my cat, I also have a human best friend.
She is one of the reasons I love writing. She is very kind, and has a contagious laugh.

8. Are you proud of being nominated?
Certainly! I am grateful that there is at least one person out there who enjoys what I share on this blog.

9. What movie genre do you like best?
I like the fantasy genre, as well as the adventure genre. I enjoy animated movies, and typically lean toward family friendly films.

10. Describe the best and worst things about yourself.
I procrastinate. I love my family. I don't easily open up to others. I'm left handed. My favored smile is a smirk. I am happy being me.

As for six nominations...

Cadva. Unfortunately, it looks like her blog is no longer up. But Cadva had really cool artwork on her blog.
Kathryn Cooper. Her blog Clean Teen Fiction is an excellent source to find book reviews for YA books. The reviews have four types of content rating: Sexual Content, Language, Violence, and Other (for things that do not fit in the other tree types).
Fox. A tatter, her blog tat-ology is one of my favorite tatting blogs.
Carole. Her blog Carole's Chatter has many interesting things from cryptic crosswords to food.
Hannah L. Clark. Author of Cobbogoth, she has a video series known as Writing Gems; where she shares some of her insight on writing.
Cera. Her blog has food, recipes, and knitting!

As for their questions:
1. What are you currently reading?
2. Do you have a favorite food?
3. Are you left or right handed?
4. What crafts can you do?
5. What is your favorite color?
6. Can you recite the alphabet backwards?
7. Which do you prefer: cats or dogs?
8. What is something you are good at?
9. Where would you like to visit?
10. Are you good at gardening?

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the nomination. I don't really do awards/nominations but am very happy to answer your questions here:
    1 Beachcombers by Nancy Thayer
    2 Crayfish or lobster
    3 Right
    4 Cross stitch, rug making, crochet, knitting but not doing any at the moment
    5 Depends - wear a lot of black/brown
    6 No
    7 Like both
    8 Wasting time
    9 Lots of places including Ireland, Japan...
    10 No

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete