Friday, June 28, 2013

Special Edition: Camp Award

So last week I went to girls camp as a leader. When we had our award night on Wednesday, my fellow leaders surprised me with the award they gave me.
The Top Ten Award.
They listed ten things that they noticed about me while up at camp, and had an item to go with each one.
So for today's Ten Reasons, I'm going to share my camp award.

1. Superstar. I tried to be a pretty cool leader while up at camp. The item for this was a little balloon in the shape of a star.
2. Spiritual. I tried to be a righteous example to the young women, and to help them strengthen their own testimonies. The item for this was a little journal.
3. Organized. I always try to keep my equipment in order while camping. The items for this was a pencil cup and a paperclip cup.
4. Energetic. When I go camping, I often rise with the sun and feel full of energy. The item for this was two double A batteries (which are coincidentally my favorite kind of battery).
5. Calm. I'm not the kind to freak when a beetle lands on my arm while camping. The item for this was a scented candle.
6. Problem Solver. When a complication occurs at camp, I try to help fix it. The item for this was a book of simple logic puzzles.
7. Adventurous. I love exploring the woods. I was able to help lead some of the girls on a five mile hike. The item for this was some rope.
8. Lifesaver. I try to help my fellow leaders so that no single person has too much on their plate. The item for this was a roll of Lifesavers candy.
9. Knowledgeable. I like knowing things, and try to study what the young women will be certifying while at camp. The item for this was a bag of Smarties candy.
10. Awesome. Well, I try to help the young women have the best camp experience possible. The item for this was two Cup o Gold candies.

No comments:

Post a Comment