Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Strings


Strings were everywhere.
On the floor and clinging to the walls, hanging limply over the lampshade.
Everywhere.
Just trying to get three steps from the front door was nearly impossible.
I had to duck underneath some, and twist around others. It was like being in some spy movie!
It would have been easier if the strings were all the same size.
Or even the same color.
But no. There were thin strings that were like spiderwebs, and thick ropes with fraying strands.
Contorting my way through it all, I managed to reach an open spot at the center of it all.
There, lounging on my favorite chair, was the monster responsible for all the strings.
The cat.
Whiskers twisting in a feline smile my horrible cat gave a pleased purr and knocked a ball of yarn to the floor.
"Never, ever again," I pointed at my cat and gave a growl of frustration as she rolled onto a tangled pile of sewing thread. "Never again will I leave crafting supplies out where you can find them."

No comments:

Post a Comment