Wednesday, May 2, 2018

In Case of...


When I got a job at a super top secret laboratory, there were some things I already expected to find.
Aliens in the attic? That means they can stargaze.
Dinosaurs being bred in the basement? A little cramped and smelly, but better organized than the clone lab.
Clones? So far they're all of some guy named Jack.
But one thing that didn't expect, and am still uncertain of, it what they have in place of a fire extinguisher on aisle twelve of basement floor 37B.
In a plain metal box, protected from outside interference by a thin sheet of glass, is a blond wig.
Above the box is a sign which simply reads, In Case of Dragons, Break Glass.
The problem is, we don't have any dragons. I've search everywhere I have clearance to enter (and a good many that I don't), but there are no dragons.
Not even a robot dragon.
So why have that emergency wig, on a random floor deep underground, when there are no dragons?
I'll probably never know.
But if I ever have a bad hair day, I know where to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment