Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Unchosen


 

They said it was destiny.

One hero, a shining light to cast out darkness from the land.

They gave me training, a magic sword, faithful companions, everything one could possibly need to fulfill the prophecy.

The journey was long. The road hard.

I lost friends.

My sword.

There was a point when I felt I had lost everything.

But...

I picked myself up. Found new friends, a new weapon, and another path.

I faced the darkness that had darkened the land, and I drove it out.

The people cheered. Some even cried.

I was praised as the Chosen One.

But now? Now they dare to tell me I'm not what they've molded me into?

They dare to claim that instead of being the light, that I'm just another shade of darkness?

That can't be right.

I've sacrificed so much for them. Given so much, without claiming any debts owed.

I became exactly what they asked for, and yet now they claim that I went against their wishes? Against destiny?

What do they know, those advisers who've never stepped outside of their safe places? How dare they judge me for hands stained red by their prophecies?

They cannot unchoose what has been Chosen.

They cannot dare call me the villain, and send some pretend chosen to vanquish me.

I won't let them.

For I am the Chosen One.

No comments:

Post a Comment