Wednesday, June 20, 2018

The Thing about Time Travel


You know that tingling in your leg when it falls asleep? Imagine that, but everywhere.
That is what time travel feels like.
And the farther back you go, the longer that feeling lasts.
So a jump back to five minutes ago will leave you feeling like you've just experienced back acupuncture for those ten minutes.
Oh, and past you? Still here. Try not to interact, or time might explode.
We think.
Let's not find out.
So, what about if you go really far back, like say, to a year ago?
Enjoy a year of aches, as your future self.
If you are really, really dumb, you'll do what I did.
What did I do?
I messed up when imputing the time to jump back to, and ended up sometime back in the prehistoric.
So not only do I have dinosaurs trying to eat me, no way back to the present, and a constant feeling of pins and needles everywhere, but I also brought my favorite book.
I hope archaeologists enjoy finding a fossilized book that shouldn't have existed in this era, because I know the time traveler's board will be furious.

No comments:

Post a Comment